Wednesday 24 December 2008

Candy Colours

The stripey Dr. Who/ Tom Baker scarf has been completed! I finished it off on Monday night, much sooner than I thought it would take. I'd originally intended to make it as cumbersomely long as the scarf Tom Baker wears in the series, but S obviously wasn't too keen on tripping himself up everytime he took a step, so I eventually ended the scarf when it was about 1.5 metres long.
The colours aren't that similar to the original, but really, who would notice unless they were the ultimate Dr. Who uber-geek?
It was also a good way of using up most of my stash before going back home to Sydney for the summer. I'm sure I'll build up another stash over there pretty damn quickly anyway. Plus, now S can keep himself warm while watching old episodes of the Doctor till his eyeballs bleed.

Those two packets of Koolaid (sent by a lovely friend from Arizona) have been used to cook up something delicious.

It looks mighty fine, but it's definitely not edible.
It's a batch of freshly dyed, handspun yarn! The lovely, intense, orange colour was acheived by dyeing it twice. I was over-ambitious and tried to dye it before my first cup of coffee in the morning, and it ended up being a bit of a shitfuck. The colour came out nicely but not as intense, and I'd forgotten to tie the yarn up properly so it'd all gotten tangled up.
After I spent about 2 hours untangling it, I re-dyed it again, finally getting this awesome candy shade.


I've also been working on a secret project that will be unveiled soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

But now, it's Christmas Eve, and I have guests in the living room waiting for the party to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment