Friday 23 July 2010

A Jumble Of Cakes

More food photos! I just wanted to show off some off the cakes Yusuf and I ended up making for the Jumble Sale last Sunday. It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it in the end, we ended up making quite a bundle of money (1 million dollars!). There were quite a few cupcakes left over at the end of the day though, so I went around and gave it away to the other stallholders. 




On the way home, I started chatting to a lady on the bus, and told her I was giving the cupcakes away at the end of the day because I didn't want to carry them home. Her -totally unasked for advice - was that I should have given them to a pub, instead of to the other stallholders, because it wasn't 'a good business plan'. Errr...shut up! They're my cakes and I'll give them to who I want, and certainly not to a hipster pub so they can make money off my hard work!
We didn't just have cakes, we had biscuits and truffles too. Yusuf had a really tasty, moist orange and almond cake, and I'm going to have to pry the recipe out of him when I see him next. 

8 comments:

  1. It all looks really good. I love the presentation in the first photo, with the wooden box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nom nom nom... sooo yummy! But you know whats really funny, I just finished a post on my blog about cakes too and I thought I will check out your blog. Psychic sister powers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny: Mmm...dusty screen...

    Ren : Thank you! The wooden boxes were free, from my grocer, he just throws the empty ones away otherwise. Such a waste, as I think they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throws away?! You should strike a deal with him to donate them to you and upcycle or resell the boxes, I bet lots of people would want to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He just lets me take them away whenever I need some, so...yay, free boxes! I had quite a few people asking me where I got them from, I might try to collect a few and sell them the next time I do fairs. I'd send you some, but I don't think we can send wood to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to eat every little bit of that, just for the record!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I would have given you some if you had been there :)

    ReplyDelete